REMOVAL OF URETHANES - cured and uncured.
Dynaloy has developed a line of safe, effective products specifically for the urethane industry. If your company molds urethane products or parts, or is involved in the spraying of urethane foams, then these products are for you. They quickly remove cured material from application and mixing equipment. Most of these products are non-flammable, non-chlorinated, non-regulated and contain very low VOC's.
Dynasolve CU-6 is a non-gelling, higher flash point version of Dynasolve CU-5, and is recommended for both flushing and cleaning, especially in applications in which liquid isocyanates are present either prior to cleaning, or will be introduced after cleaning (such as in a mixing tank). Dynasolve CU-6 is non-chlorinated, nonflammable, non-carcinogenic, and non-ozone depleting. Dynasolve CU-6 can be used for extended periods, tolerate high resin loadings, and will reduce disposal costs. It is also recyclable via vacuum distillation. DynaSolve CU-6 is a unique flushing and cleaning solvent for urethanes that does not require heat.
- Dynasolve CU-6 is especially effective for flushing mixing and metering equipment and feed lines, as it quickly and completely cleans polyols, crystallized isocyanates, and other urethane intermediates. However, in cleaning of isocyanate sides of equipment, Dynasolve Iso-Neutralizer should be used first if excessive only amounts of liquid isocyanates are present. Dynasolve CU-6 will not gel in contact with liquid isocyanates, but if limited amounts are present.
- Dynasolve CU-6 is very effective in penetrating, loosening, and removing cured urethane foam deposits and build-up from mixing heads, troughs, conveyor parts, side walls, rollers, foam cutting devices and molds.
- Dynasolve CU-6 will remove all types of urethanes: flexible, rigid, elastomers, molded, and adhesives. It is effective for both MDI and TDI esters and ethers.
- Dynasolve CU-6 will quickly and completely clean residual cured polyurethane reactive hot melt (PURHM) urethane adhesives from roll coating equipment. It will also remove these same reactive hot melts from dispensing equipment.
- Dynasolve CU-6 is excellent for the removal of polymer-based inks from rollers in flexographic printing equipment.
- When heated, Dynasolve CU-6 will also clean many types of epoxies and other adhesives.
Safety and Handling Precautions
Dynasolve CU-6 contains powerful organic solvents. It is harmful if inhaled or swallowed. Avoid breathing vapors or mist. Keep away from heat and flame. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wear gloves, safety glasses, and protective clothing when handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Refer to MSDS before use, for disposal, or additional safe handling.
DynaSolve ISO Neutralizer
Dynasolve Iso-Neutralizer is designed for use in isocyanate feed tanks and equipment that contain crystallized isocyanate residue. This pre-flushing step is necessary when it is not possible to drain out all remaining liquid isocyanates from the equipment; usually 2-3 gallons of isocyanates will remain in the tanks. Under these circumstances Dynasolve Iso-Neutralizer is used to flush out the liquid isocyanate prior to the introduction of Dynasolve CU-6. The Dynasolve CU-6 (or other flushing solvent) will be used to remove the crystallized isocyanate or uncured pre-polymer. In addition to flushing out most of the liquid isocyanate, the Dynasolve Iso-Neutralizer will react with any remaining free isocyanates and inhibit gelling.
- Pour Dynasolve Iso-Neutralizer into isocyanate feed tank and circulate to mix with free isocyanate remaining in the equipment (tank, pump, heat exchanger, etc.) Use several gallons of Iso-Neutralizer to purge the free isocyanate.
- After mixing for 10-15 minutes, the mixture is drained and Dynasolve CU-6 is added to remove the crystallized isocyanate.
- The Iso-Neutralizer is used at ambient temperature. The Dynasolve CU-6 can be used at ambient temperature, but works more quickly at 150°F.
- For simple flushing of uncured material, Dynasolve CU-6 can be replaced with UR-Away FL, Dynasolve M-35 or Poly-Flush. Iso-Neutralizer will not attack Viton if used as directed. Iso-Neutralizer should not be left in contact with Viton for more than 1 hour and should be followed by a complete flushing with UR-Away FL.